Friday, September 11, 2009

No School Fridays

Hi everyone!

So no OOTD today... because... I have no school on Fridays! I just decided to stay in today, so I didn't get dressed up. Today I spent some time browsing through fall 2009 fashion shows from New York, Paris, and Milan. I decided to compile some of my favourite looks for you and provide a brief summary or recap of the trends for the upcoming season.

1. Many of the designers have seemed to incorporate the shape and style of the 1940s. There was definitely a feel of postwar fashion. There were a lot of beautifully tailored suits (with accentuated waists, fuller hips, and prominent shoulders) with a play on an hourglass figure, as well as 1940s inspired dresses, full skirts, makeup, hairstyles, hair accessories, and tights (the drawn on back of the leg seen at Dolce and Gabbana's fashion show; in the 1940s, because money was tight, the women would not be able to afford nylon [used to make stockings] so instead they would draw black lines on the back of their legs to give the allusion that they were wearing stockings). Some designers who really incorporated this trend include Bottega Veneta, DKNY, D&G, Moschino, Jason Wu, and Oscar de la Renta.

2. There was also a lot of 80s inspiration with leggings, leather, and funky colours. A lot of designers mixed very bold colours with more subdued or natural colours.

Trends that will be "in style" this upcoming Fall season:

- Leather jackets
- Blazers
- High waisted pants and skirts with belts (both skinny and thick)
- Black tights (as well as textured tights)
- Leggings
- Accentuated shoulders
- Capes
- Hourglass shape
- Ruffles
- Full skirts
- Power suits
- Loose "harem" pants (tapered ankles)
- Booties
- Thigh high boots

Personally, I am a BIG fan of the 1940/1950s style so I am so happy to see it being a major trend this upcoming season!! I am a BIG fan of the stylings of Grace Kelly and Doris Day with the full skirts, cardigans, and pretty hair accessories.

Here are some of my favourite looks (excluding Chloe which can be found in one of my previous posts):

*WARNING... A LOT OF PHOTOS*

BOTTEGA VENETA:




DEREK LAM:





D&G:







DKNY:







Dolce & Gabbana:






JASON WU:







MARNI:






That's just a few... I hope you enjoyed!

Love,


Vanessa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment