Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Fall Trend

There seems to be so much hype and talk about this new trend for fall... the trend being the colour Green. And there isn't necessarily ONE shade of green that's it... it's ALL shades... all different shades and hues.. from Mint green to Forest green, Green is in. Hm... where have we heard that before? Maybe with all the new hype about going green is catching on with fashion designers too. Maybe this new green trend is their subliminal message to try and get us consumers to be green friendly too.. Hmm... maybe... Or, maybe I'm just overanalyzing it a little to much (Now, where have I heard that one before?? LOL... only my closest friends will get that one). Perhaps its the years of grilling the meaning of SYMBOLISM in my brain from High School and Cegep... Or perhaps, the colour green just really is in because it is. From mint coloured nail polish to jade jewellery, the colour green is taking it's fair share in being one of this season's hottest colours.

Here are some pictures from Chanel's RTW Fall 2009 featuring Green:





Here are some others. Maybe some will spark some inspiration!

THAKOON:



DKNY:





MARC JACOBS:





VALENTINO:



VENA CAVA:

Note the Green nailpolish!





My take on the trend: I probably won't be going ALL OUT with this colour, and I definitely won't be wearing pastel green pants! I probably will get some minty green nailpolish [I've been eyeing the Chanel one but it's like 30$(CAN) but I also saw some pretty greens from OPI at a more reasonable price of 12(CAN)]. Also, I want to get a forest green cardigan (perhaps H&M or Zara) and forest green tights (Hue?). Some forest green jewellery would also be fun, but I think that's all far as I'll go with this colour.

Just wanted to let you all know that, yes, Green is in! Have fun with colours, styles, and fashion. How will you incorporate this gorgeous colour into your fall wardrobe?

Love,


Vanessa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment